of another school year. And I won't have to care at all. :)) hahaha..(a newly grad!)
My mother is a teacher at a public elementary school and all three of us, her kids, all graduated from there. This coming year would be the first time in 14 years that non of her children would be there with her. (She's probably glad to get rid of us *wink) My not-so-little sister will start her freshman year in HS on Tuesday, and my mom seems so cool about it. Haha
Being the eldest, my mom experimented on me A LOT! My sister will be going to the same high school I went in when I was in first year and I can't help compare my Mom now to my Mom back then.
My first day of Highschool life:
OUTFIT:
-All pink even the shoes.. (tagal pinagpilian ni mommy yan ha! lol and It was a disaster!)
IN MY BAG:
-Extra shirt, powder, cologne, comb, lip gloss, 2 hand towel, handkerchief, wallet, coin purse and a
phone.
IN MY PLASTIC BAG: (yep! my mom did handed me a plastic bag to bring to school! take note, ung
ginagamit sa groceries ha!)
-Lunch box(rice with fried chicken and mixed veggies), 2 bottles of water, 3 peanut butter sandwiches,
2 Zesto juice drink. (Tindi nuh? First time daw kasing mapapahiwalay)
My father drove me to school in our van (feeling sosyal tayo dyan kahit bulok naman sasakyan). It was a 30 minutes drive without traffic but since it's the Philippines (there's always traffic), 45 minutes to 1hour drive. When we arrived at the school, it was raining boys! lol I mean it was raining,literally. So syempre Pinoy tayo, I did not bring an umbrella. Luckily (or unfortunately!), my Dad had a spare one in the van! It was my sister's umbrella! My 4-year-old sister, that is. Can you just imagine now what kind of umbrella it was? Another disaster!
Guess the color! PINK
First day is always orientation day! (I guess my Mom didn't know that?)
After all the trouble my mom went through to prepare the food and all, the orientation ended after 4 hours.
lol Went back home, food untouched, 12 sms from my mom and despite all of that, got to meet some friends.
So to all the kids out there starting school in a new place, don't ever forget one thing. SMILE.



10 comments:
Wow you were really ready for school. I just brought my self and bag to school. I can't really remember my first day. Your so lucky to be out. I'm still in.
lol raining boys.
Good luck to your sister on her first day of high school. Beware of the seniors because they might stuff you in lockers! :D
Awww... you wore pink shoes!!! CUTE!!! I don't remember having pink shoes when I was still a kid.. Tsk. It's always black.. or white. Tsk again. I envy you for having pink shoes. #LOL.
Anyway, first-day-of-school memories. My cousin also drove me and my brothers to school. I'm in kindergarten and my brothers in 2nd and 3rd grade. It was great.. yeah, I felt really madatung and sosyal. Hahaha!! But it only lasted for... 3 years maybe. When I was in 4th grade, I started going to school, via jeepney.. but still with chaperons. :) I also have plastic bags and baons. Not just snakcs, but also LUNCH! Hihi.. Mom's a bit paranaoid.. She didn't want me eating in the canteen. She's a killjoy. #LOL :D
I'm gonna stop now.. hehehe.. Madaldal ako kapag online. :)
Took a long time, but here I am now.. following you back. Gandang evening! :)
@Lecia: Thanks for the comment! :) Nah, I don't feel lucky! Once you graduate you will realize how fun and comfortable it was being a student. Less pressure!
Anyways I don't think that'll happen to my sister!
Bullying is a little subtle here in the Philippines. And my sister is prepared. Here read this post and know why
http://popsytoh.blogspot.com/2011/06/you-havent-met.html
@Leah: Oh no! I forgot to mention that that first day was my first day in HS! haha so cute lil pink shoes with matching clothes aren't that cool anymore. haha wew (anyways i edited the post already)
Boohoo to our moms! jowk
It's actually the other way. Cheers to our mom! Imagine having to wake up probably an hour earlier just to make sure we eat properly! :))
Haha I like madaldal pips! I like yah! pareho kasi tayo! :))
wow! your school stuff are so kikay! :)
mag-aral mabuti :) have fun this school year!
thanks for following, i followed you too! :)
kuya josh [^^,]
waaaah now everybody's thinking that i'm an incoming first year high! lol
i love it!
Actutally I'm a college grad already @Kuya Josh! :))
Thanks for the comment! mwuah!
hahhaha.. kailangan pink talaga? hehehe.. POwer Ranger Pink ka ba? haha
Cute. Kikay na kikay. :)
@Xander..lol Oo daw eh..my Mom's nickname? PINKY!
so hindi naman halatang favorite ng mom ko un di ba? :)
@DH: thanks! :) haha
Post a Comment